Saturday, July 24, 2010

Roar.

So I have been playing Magic the Gathering with my roommates which is where I got the inspiration to paint a goblin. This took me about 45mins-1hour?? The painting is actually backwards. Who cares? Maybe I'll work on it more (continue rendering and then add color). This painting was more about opening up Photoshop for the first time in a month+ and just playing around.

This is my favorite way of working in Photoshop: make a black and white painting and then drop in color using overlay/multiply. This allows me to think about the form through lights and shadows. It's like coloring in a very detailed drawing from a coloring book.

I prefer this method for portraits rather than landscapes. I also prefer portraits over landscapes. I should work on more landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment